
We had a lovely few days in the Lake District at half term. These pictures were taken in the grounds of Dalton Hall, where Africa's Uncle's partner has just relocated her business. An absolutely stunning spot.
Africa is so full of beans at the moment. She regularly out talks Stella, and will chatter for hours about her favourite CBeebie's programmes - the Numberjacks, or the Octonauts - giving blow by blow accounts of the latest episodes. Watching TV is probably her favourite passtime at the moment, in spite of constant efforts to distract her! She does still love swimming, cycling (did I mention she can now ride her bike without stabilisers?) drawing, playing board games and role playing, but an offer of a DVD can trump them all.
We've got a new board game called forbidden Island which is supposed to be for age 8 and up, or something, but it's a co-operative game, so with a bit of help, Affy can happily tackle it. She amazes us by memorising all the names of the cards, as if she's reading them. I don't think it will be long before she's actually reading. She can write all her letters now and enjoys copying words. I think she's be positively influenced in that respect by her sister.
I worry that she's getting a bit bored of Little Buds, where she's one of two older ones now. She loves to tell me that she is, but still very happily skips in once she's there, and always seems to be enjoying herself when I arrive to pick her up, so I think it must be OK. School for her in September and she's more than ready!

No comments:
Post a Comment