
It's been way too long since I updated this blog, but I couldn't let Affy's third birthday go by without a post. We've just had her party here with friends Joseph, Abbie, Bella, Olivia, Toby, Frieda, Alex and Lizzie. Affy loved all the party games and really got into the spirit of the day. Pass the parcel is probably the favourite with all the children because they know exactly what to expect, but give the dog a bone (a variation of pin the tail on the donkey) was also a big hit.
Affy got lots of lovely presents and at the moment is really enjoying her train set. Cousin Fabio is also enjoying playing with it so we've been seeing more of him since all the new bits (engine shed, crane and station) arrived.
Affy is just as loud as her sister these days, which means lots of parental ear ache! She has a very good sense of humour and a very strong will.
Since Stella learnt to ride her bike recently, Affy has become really speedy on a like-a-bike. Although this can be a bit hair raising for me as I dash after them both wondering when they're going to fly into the road, it is also really nice to be able to walk, at speed and not push a buggy! I'm enjoying the liberation.
I can't make a post without mentioning yet another trip to casualty... Affy fell off the bench last week and landed on a stone and split her head open. We had three hours in A and E and then they did a jolly good superglue job. I wish the superglue would also fix the parents nerves.. Four head injuries is really enough now.
The picture below is at Affy's birthday party and the one above on her actual birthday.

As I haven't posted since spring time, I wanted to put up a few pictures from our summer too. We had two wonderful holidays. The first in Italy at Cergallina. Affy just loved it this time. We swam every day and she had a lovely pink floaty suit which meant she could propel herself around the pool without us worrying about her drowing. Pasta and Ice cream on demand was the other main attraction. Horse riding too. It was a really relaxing time.



We also had two weeks in the Lake District. Also great, if much colder and wetter. Affy takes after her mother in her desire to jump into cold water. One day we walked along the lake shore and affy just kept stripping off and jumping in. In spite of the fact that it was jumper weather and bracing in the water to say the least. She actually marked the end of the holiday by swimming her first few strokes unaided - a feat yet to be repeated!
No comments:
Post a Comment